Sunday, November 13, 2011

Painting Shoes: Leather

Alright world,

This is going to be my first official post, so bear with me and my awkardness ^^;. I've decided to post about the project that I've been focused on for the past couple days: painting shoes! As a cosplayer it's something that I've never attempted until now, and it was a little bit nerve-wracking. I've been wanting to try it for awhile, and finally found a project that required the skills, Tifa Lockhart.

Armed with a wonderful tutorial located here, and some boots I dove into the experience! After agonizing for a long time over what base boots to get for Tifa I finally decided on Dr. Marten's Dark Brown Sorens. I felt they gave a good base structure for the look Tifa really has in her shoes--and they were all leather (not to mention at the time I was lucky enough to be ordering right when they were having a promo on sale items ^3^). I had decided to go with leather shoes because I was too chicken to try all the tutorials I found for painting shoes made out of synthetic materials, and wanted to ease into the experience with paint made for the purpose of painting leather.

Anyways, I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND this! It worked fabulously, and I pretty much followed the tutorial I linked above for fantastic results. I'll be posting my own kind of mini-tutorial on this later too (with some tips and tricks and things I found out during the process).

Here's a picture of my shoes before I painted the bottoms black, and tidied up the metal bits :3.

No comments:

Post a Comment